Plowbaby turns 3 - The Cake

My daughter only has one birthday a year, so I usually go "all-out". Last year, she had a Mickey and Minnie birthday. When asked what she wanted this year, she said very firmly "A Minnie party at Grandma's like last year. With fried chicken and swimming and balloons." Ok, that's cool by me if you can talk Grandma into hosting the location. (Yeah, like Grandma is gonna say "No"!)

It's amazing how a soon-to-be-three-year-old can be so very clear on what she wants for her party. She picked pink, purple and white as her "colors". We had plates, cups, balloons, silverware, and The Cake in pink, purple and white. I used Mickey and Minnie balloons left-over from last year. Oh, and don't forget the coordinating M & M's too!!! (Told ya I can get a little carried away!)

Ainz wanted a pink and white cake. I have the Pampered Chef checkerboard cake pans set. (Which by the way, is one of the few PC products that I hate). Pink and white checkerboard cake it will be! And I have always wanted to work with rolled fondant. Another thing Ainz insisted on having was cupcakes. Apparently, she'd seen a picture of a "cupcake tree" that'd really caught her eye.

So, we'll start with the fondant. I bought Wilton, Satin Ice, White Vanilla. Decided to do "flowers" on the cake......one's similar to Minnie's. I colored them with the Wilton gel colorings.

These are the centers of the flowers


This is the next layer



All 3 layers in the mini-muffin tin drying


The dried flowers out of the mini-muffin tin. Now they are 3-D.


The finished product.
And wouldn't ya know it, I forgot to take a picture of them on the "tree".

The Cake
Was done similar to the cupcakes. The pans again burned the cakes. (I'm gonna throw those stinkin' things away!!) The flowers were also done with the same technique, but left flat.

A candle was placed above each of the 3 flowers on the top of the cake.


It's not the greatest cake in the world, but that didn't matter to Ainsley. She had her pink Minnie Mouse cake, and that was what was important to her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................