Baked Potato Soup

I know that it's been forever since I blogged. But it has been important to me to keep the Pray for Rolan page up. (It's still important, and I will update you all later.) But I also figure you're ready to see something new. So today I will "foodie" blog.

My friend Carla and her husband Tom welcomed their 4th, yes, 4th little girl into the world on Friday afternoon. That gives them 4 girls under the age of 8. Wow! That's alot of estrogen for Tom to put up with!!!! :-) So, welcome to the world baby Caroline Elizabeth. (BTW those are 2 of the names I had picked out when I was pg with plowbaby....neither of which did plowboy let me choose). Later today, I plan to take them a batch of the following recipe.


Baked Potato Soup:

4 large baked potatoes
2/3 c. butter
2/3 c. flour
6 c. milk
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 green onions
12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. sour cream

Cut potatoes in half, and scoop out pulp, put in a small bowl.

Melt butter in large kettle. Add flour. Gradually stir in milk. Continue to stir until smooth,thickened and bubbly.

Stir in potato pulp, salt, pepper and 3/4 of the onions, bacon and cheese. Cook until heated. Stir in sour cream.

Transfer to slow cooker set on Low. Top with remaining onions, bacon and cheese.

Variation: Add several slices of velveeta cheese to make soup extra cheesy and creamy.

(Edited to add: I omitted the green onions, and added more milk as I thought it was too thick.)


Stay warm out there......weatherbug says it's a whopping 23 degrees out, with sleet and snow on the way. (blech!)

~plowgirl

Comments

Yum! I made this a couple Saturdays ago and it was sooo good!
dutchgirl said…
We had a soup potluck at work on Friday and I made baked potato soup.
We also had broccoli/cheese, white chili w/chicken, borscht, gumbo w/chicken&sausage & chuckwagon stew.
There were several loaves of homemade bread and some cinnamon rolls. I LOVE work potlucks!

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................