Putting up the grain leg

There was a crane at the farm on Monday to erect the grain leg. I created 11 minute video montage, and if I figure out how to post it, I will. There are a few stills also if I can find them.




In other news, Steve is here working on the brickwork. He and I cleaned mortar off of the old brick Monday. Yesterday, Mark and I went to Joplin and picked up the new brick. Today Steve "toothed" out the old brick by the windows so the wall can be re-bricked. (We are using the "old" brick as to match with the existing brick). Depending upon the weather tonight, we might have the brickwork completed by the end of the week!

This is the window on the south


First row of bricks on the new wall (west)

This is the window on the north
More later, stay tuned!

plowgirl

Comments

Just visiting from Texas. As you know I followed from Pioneer Woman. We don't do any row cropping just mostly ranching and chicken farming...and kid raising. I am always interested in farming or ranching blogs. Take care.

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................