Plowbaby turns 4 - the cake

The theme this year was Hello Kitty. Pink, pink, and more pink......with a little bit of orange, blue, green and white thrown in for color!

This by far is my favorite cake that I have made for her, and the cupcakes turned out great too.

I used the "animal crackers" pan by Wilton for the cake, and trimmed the "bear" ears to look like "cat" ears. My friend Deb made the buttercream frosting for me. (I always wonder why she and I can use the same recipe and hers tastes SOOOO much better! - Thanks Deb!) The bow, eyes, nose and whiskers are from rolled fondant colored with Wilton gel.






































I had a template to work with, so it wasn't like I was constructing this blind! The template is her snack pack that came with her backpack for school. She even picked the "funfetti" cake mix. YUM!




















The cupcakes....just your standard chocolate cupcakes with white buttercream frosting and confetti sprinkles. They were yummy too!

Comments

Unknown said…
love the cake, you did a great job!
http://randommusingsfrommypov.com
Anonymous said…
Really cute cake Plowgirl! Very professional looking!

amsunshine on NAT
Anonymous said…
Oh and Happy Birthday to Plowbaby!

amsunshine on NAT

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................