When pigs fly.............

 Did you know that pigs have wings??  Neither did I !  Today's Adventures in Grilling features the Pig Wing.

A little backstory here.....

My neighbor and friend Ben Simon opened a Market in Pittsburg (shameless plug here!!) just as The Virus was shutting the small local businesses down.  Ben, his wife Tammy, son Bryce and dad Jerry have worked their tails off to establish the finest meat market in the area.   https://www.simonmarket.net/

My first purchases were GoRilla Kabobs.  Chicken breast loins with bacon wrapped around them on a kabob stick with ranch seasoning, GoRilla burgers - bacon wrapped cheese infused, seasoned hamburger patty that are about a half pound each.  (It's really hard for this Wildcat to buy products named for a monkey! {Ben is also a KSU grad}). Oh my stars!!!  These are AMAZING products!  I have tried most everything in the product line, and each is high quality and has amazing flavor.

On to the Pig Wings!!  One day Ben asked if I'd tried the Pig Wings yet.  

"Nope"

"You've got to try these.  They look gross, but they're amazing, and quickly rising to the top of our popular product list"

"OK, add a package to my pile"

As usual, he did not steer me wrong.  These are Delish!

This is Pig Wings, right out of the package.  Ben didn't lie, they do look gross!  I added some dry rub seasoning.  Wrapped them in foil and put them on the grill.  




About 30 minutes or so later, it's time to take them out of this package.

Now they look like this.  


Second step - Remove from this packet, and put them into another foil lined pan.  (Yes, I use (waste?!) a lot of tin foil, but I also don't like cleaning up the mess, so it just goes in the trash!)




I turn them over, so that the side that was down while cooking in the first step, is now up.

Add your favorite BBQ sauce.  I like this one.  Sometimes I make my own.  But bottled usually wins out! 






Then they go back onto the grill for 15-20 minutes or until the BBQ sauce is nice and thick and the Wings are sticky coated.  (Probably not a meal you want to serve on a first date if you're trying to make a good impression! They are messy! LOL)



Done!!!

Let's eat!

Utensils aren't really needed if you don't mind BBQ sauce all over your face and hands!

And there you have it - Pig Wings!

If I were serving these to a crowd, I'd serve these with sides such as Settler's Beans, corn on the cob, potato salad, but my fam isn't much for sides.  


Dessert is Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies (actually, I think there are 4 kinds of choc in there plus the pecans.)  Small cookies, but very rich.  (And totally not on my approved foods list, but I tried one anyway!)







A few posts below this one is a recipe for ButterCrunch cookies.  I made them a while back.  I'd forgotten how much I love them too.  

Happy trails for now!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................