LLLLLooooooosssssseeerrrr...........

That's what you should now call me. Or maybe better.....SLACKER! I had good intentions to blog and cook all week last week.....didn't happen did it??!!

On Thursday, my allergies kicked in overdrive, and I was miserable. By Friday, I was finding a doctor and getting a cortisone shot. On Saturday, I was able to breathe again.......finally.

I have pictures of Thursday Lunch to share with you. I also have pictures of the concrete project and the new planter to share.

Labor Day weekend wasn't anything special here, just a normal weekend.

It is raining here today, and supposed to for most of this week. I'm glad that we decided to put off the basement project (yes, again....), if not, there'd be a HUGE hole in my wall, with water pouring in!


Tomorrow is Thursday again. That means it's time for me to get started on Thurs. Lunch. We will have Swiss Steak, scalloped potatoes, peas, and fruit salad. My job this week is to make the sauce for the swiss steak. I am also going to make a Chocolate Chip Pie (the Deen boys recipe).

Swiss steak sauce:

Saute: One package of carrot shreds (I use matchstick carrots), one thinly sliced large onion, & 4 green peppers (also thinly sliced) in canola oil until translucent. Add some Tone's beef gravy mix as thickener. Add all that to one gallon of crushed tomatoes, add half a bag of brown sugar, Worchestershire sauce, Nature's Seasoning, a splash of vinegar and whatever is in the drawer I feel like tossing in! Heat through, and pour over steaks. Makes enough sauce for 70 cubed steaks!

The Deen Boys Chocolate Chip Pie.....basically like a giant chocolate chip cookie covered with copious amounts of sweetened whipping cream and mini chocolate chips. YUM!

Have a good nite ya'll

Happy Trails
~plowgirl

Comments

dutchgirl said…
Swiss steak sounds soooo gooood!! I'm sure the diners at the church enjoyed it.

Allergies happen to the best of us but it seems like it's a little late this year. Used to be we could mark the calendar - August 13th - and Jim would be hit with the sneezing and itching. This year hasn't been bad and he even was out mowing last weekend - the weeds were taller than he was - but has gotten by with just some Benedryl. Hope you're feeling better!

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................