A few pics from harvest

I don't have much time to spare for picture taking in the field. Most of the time I'm the only cart running trying to keep up with at least 2 combines, sometimes 3. Even when the 2nd cart is running, it's still a struggle to keep up.......especially if we are in long rows, and it's a long way back to the truck. I will keep the camera with me and try to add more pics as the week progresses. I'd like to get some video of me unloading the combine on the go....but I have enough trouble just keeping the cart under the spout as it is!

Happy trails and have a good week!
plowgirl







The machines: 9600 John Deere combines










The rig that My Sidekick and I have been running.

75C Caterpillar Challenger and UFT GrainCart











The other cart rig:

MT 635 and a modified Big 12 Grain Kart

Comments

Anonymous said…
My MIL does all the grain cart driving. She loves it. Last fall harvest I rode with her and we did wedding planning stuff. You might be a redneck if you look through wedding magazines while driving the grain cart.
Anonymous said…
Hey you, nice blog. Finally had a chance to check it out. One of your drivers was in today and told me that he had a hard time getting his rig out of the field. 109,000lbs?????????? Ouch, you might want to lighten the load there plowgirl. lol

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................