12 Steps

Hello. My name is Kim. I'm an addict.

That should be my opening line to the "FaceBook Users Anonymous" group.

I used to "myspace"...in fact I have 2 pages! A "plowgirl" page and my Derbydarlin' page. But since I've discovered FaceBook, the myspace(s) have gone by the wayside. I like FaceBook. It is "real time" and quite user friendly. I love catching up and reconnecting with classmates from grade school, high school and college. Not to mention family, demo derby friends, NAT friends, and other acquaintances.

It's great to put a "grown up" face on someone whom I've not seen in 20 (or so) years, and also very interesting to learn down what path life has lead them. Like, say for instance, Mike......I haven't seen Mike since he was a Freshman in HS and I was a Senior. We had home room together. I've now visited with Mike via FB to find out that he is a helicopter pilot and is stationed somewhere in the sandbox. Wow, never would have guessed that he'd become a career military man. (BTW, Mike, thanks for all you do to keep us safe over here in the good ol' USA).
And some haven't changed much at all. Some friends still live in or near our hometown. The ones whom I expected to stay close to home to farm have done so. Right now, my classmates are in the process of planning our class reunion. One of the classmates scanned and posted a bunch of pictures from our school days. That has been a hoot!!! (and kind of embarrassing!)

Some of my friends on FB, remind me just HOW OLD i am. Yep, that's you Vanessa, Jason and Chaz......I used to change your diapers. And now you are all grown up and out on your own. Each of you have grown up to be beautiful, successful adults. You make me proud to know you.

There are other fun things to do on FB. I have a "farm" to tend to. I like to send virtual flowers to my friends, I like to send gifts from the White Trash Shopping Network. (Hey, Justin and Chuck....did you like the Demo cars I sent you?!) Shannon tells me there are games to play. He is addicted to Poker. (I haven't found that application yet.) There are groups you can join. For instance the "I've chopped thistles" group, or the National FFA group, or the Kansas Demo Derby Drivers group.

In all.....FaceBook is probably a collassal waste of time.......but it sure is fun! (Much more fun that cleaning house!)

If you are on FB, and would like to be my "friend" just send me an email and I'll add you to my friends list!





NEW TOPIC: Valentine's Day

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day. It was pretty much just another day around here. We don't do anything special to celebrate. In fact, I cleaned house all day (and played on FaceBook!) What I miss most about Valentine's Day is working in the Flower Shop. JD, you KNOW if you ever open up a shop again, I WILL be there to work Valentine's Day, Mom's Day, and Prom. I miss you and working with you!


Happy trails!
~plowgirl

Comments

I'm Jennifer Griffin Warthan on Facebook!

I love having FB friends! :)

And yes, it is a HUGE timesuck.

Hey - both you and PW posted Facebook stuff today... great minds and all that.

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................