OMG! Look what he did while I was gone!

Yesterday was Fall Festival in our little town. We attended the parade, (Plowbaby gathered WAY too much candy), and took in some of the activities, and of course, had lunch. Yesterday was also one of the area's largest craft shows. Sister-in-Law and I have been attending since......well.....forever. We left Plowbaby with Grandma, and SIL and I went off to the craft show. Altho neither she nor I bought much, we did have our annual treat of the BEST caramel apples. YUM, YUM, YUM!

Plowboy keeps calling my cell phone while SIL and I are at the show......NOT to check up on how much money I'm spending but to give me progress reports on The Basement Project, and to ask various questions about the contractors.

Phone rings......"Yes, dear" I say.
"We now have a walk-out basement" he says.
"Holy cr@p! That was fast" (or something like that) was my response. My next question- "Did the west end of the house fall INTO the basement?!"
"NO!" Plowboy answered
"Well, did you at least take pictures since I'm not there"
"Of course I did" he answered. "Heck, as easily as that wall fell over, I could have videoed it while I was pulling it over!"

EEEEKKKKK, slow down my rapidly beating heart!

I return home to find this sight:




BEFORE:



DURING:




And the walls came tumbling down!

Comments

wedino said…
Huge project, are you pouring a new basement/foundation or just the one wall? Weather map shows some rain for your area, hope it's not too much. ..Orm
dutchgirl said…
Thanks for the updates and pics. Hope the weather holds and you can get it enclosed quickly. Is Miss "A" a good supervisor or is she upset that her house is broke?
Kansas Plowgirl said…
I hope the weather holds also. Plowbaby of course wants to be in the middle of construction. She was excited to wake up from her nap and see the concrete truck in the yard a bit ago. Yes, we have concrete now!
dutchgirl said…
Are you going to make it an actual walkout or rebuild a solid wall?

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................