Progress, we have progress!!!!!

Well, "next week" has finally arrived. The concrete guy was here last night and delivered the jack stands to jack up the house from inside the basement. And he was back tonight to CUT THE WALLS!!!! Yes, he got the walls cut. Meanwhile, Plowboy used the backhoe to excavate more dirt from around the house, and also the DOZER to remove the last large tree from the west side of the yard. (the sycamore). Oh, the yard looks sooooo bare and I miss the shade. But it was one of those things that had to be done. I can always plant more trees. This time I will plant Burr Oaks tho.

I have some pics and video that I will upload when I get time.....maybe tomorrow.

The plan now is to pull the walls out on Sunday, and on Monday, the concrete guys will be back to form it up, form the retaining walls, and pour the new walls. May be a 2 day process.

I'm not sure how much of the pulling of the walls I can bear to watch. It made me cringe just watching Plowboy on the dozer and the backhoe today. I do want to get pics and video tho.

Stay tuned!

Happy trails
plowgirl



Dave the concrete guy cutting the south corner of the west wall


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................