Happy Birthday to YOU!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear (insert-your-name-here), Happy Birthday to you!

There are so many birthdays in August it's hard to keep up. So all you August birthday people, here is your birthday greetings from me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


Aug. 1st...... Eli H.
4th.....Sherry P.
6th......Elda and Janet D.
8th.....Terry
9th......Dad
13th....Tim G.
15th....Grandma Schreuder
17th....Reata Jean
20th... Pete
27th... Becca
30th...Joni and Dillon


Now for some miscellaneous and random thoughts:

County Fair wrap up......all went well. I'm glad it's over! We had 36 cars sign in for the derby, and 34 ran. The MadDog Award that was added this year was a HUGE hit (yea, pun intended!), and I have sponsors for next year crawling out of the woodwork! Overall the Fair was a success. I enjoy being on the Board, and working the Fair. It is alot of work, and there is so much that the general public doesn't see, but it's worth all the hours we put in.
Ainsley did well with her flower entries. She had several blues and reds. I think each of her entries had a ribbon. My entries in foods (cookies) and photography didn't fare too well. One red ribbon out of the whole bunch! Ainsley's premium check was $15.00, pretty good for a 3 year old!

The house is at a stand still right now. The windows are in at Home Depot. We were supposed to remove the old walls and pour concrete 2 weeks ago. But, we've had some rain, so that has delayed things. I hate to complain about rain in August! The weather has been great here for the last week or so, and supposed to hold. I like this lower to mid 80's we've been having. Better than the 100's we had week of the Fair!

Corn harvest will be creeping up on me before I'm ready. I'm starting to make some meal plans and making and freezing some things so they are "field ready". I'm up for suggestions and recipes if you'd like to leave comments!

I've added some features to the blog. Hope you like them. Check out the blog sites links. Confessions of a Pioneer Woman is really cool, and the one that inspired me to do my own blog. I ran across the "Cake" one this morning. It is hilarious. I'm sure I'll add more in the future.

Better run...........the washer and dryer are calling me!

Happy Trails
~plowgirl

Comments

Anonymous said…
hello,

good to see other farm families out there.

we run cattle, and raise hay, corn, beans,wheat, and milo. And it seems we raise a lot of weeds too!

we suppliment our income with a great Kansas based company www.livinity.com/ehlers

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................