Wednesdays post on Thurdsay

Wednesday was a busy day here. I was seriously in a cooking mood. From the time I got up, 'til the time I went to bed, I was cooking something!

First were the cinnamon apples. Nothing reminds me of meals at Gma and Gpa Schreuder's like cinnamon apples. They are really simple to do. In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water and a small bag of cinnamon red hots. Simmer together until red hots are completely dissolved. Add peeled apple slices and simmer until they are tender. Remove and drain the slices. They are best cold. But some have been known not to make it to the fridge!

The finished product

Next was the homemade lemon meringue pie. Betty Crocker cookbook......the long recipe. Every time I make this I think I'm going to end up with carpal tunnel from the stirring! I know there are quicker and easier recipes out there, but in my opinion, nothing beats the one from Betty Crocker (and it's the one Mom always used). The meringue is a "never fail" recipe. It usually stands up 4-5 inches, but I only got about 3 out of it yesterday due to the high humidity.




Hey Dad and Bill-----don't you wish you were here?!?!


Ok, now it's lunch time. Salmon patties, mac n cheese (out of the Blue box), peas and cinnamon apples. Simple, but yet oh so good!

Ainz wanted some more Jell-o, so I let her pick a color and we made Jell-o before her nap. She picked purple of course!

Something for Plowboy........(since lucky me, he doesn't like Lemon pie!!!)


The original Toll House chocolate chip cookies


More Jell-o, this time for Thursday Lunch. (Maybe I'll take the camera today and blog about Thursday Lunch later). A 9x13 pan of orange Jell-o with a can of crushed pineapple in it.

I also need to take a dessert or 2 to Thurs. Lunch. There is this cake mix in my pantry that screams "Why did you buy me if you aren't going to make me???" every time I open the door. So it got made! Lemon bundt cake with vanilla/lemon glaze.

Phone rings......it's Terry (Plowboy's sister)....."Grandma is making fried chicken, can you and Ainz come up.....and bring some mashed potatoes?!" Mashed potatoes it is!!!

Fried chicken twice in one week, how lucky are we???!!!!

And last but not least, I made a pan of DeNene's Coconut Crunch Delight dessert.

Whew! Time for bed! I'll do dishes tomorrow......after I get back back from Thursday Lunch!


As Pioneer Woman would say "Just keepin' it real"!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Argh! I'm on a DIET, woman! How could you do this to me??
dutchgirl said…
Pete used to take jars of cinnamon apples to back with him to college - mine would be really red - and tell him roomies they were beets so no one else would eat them.
Anonymous said…
Hey, those cookies look good. I think maybe you should make some more!
Anonymous said…
Ok Plowgirl.....I question PB's selection in the fine arts of delictable treats.......and by that I mean that Lemon Meringue Pie.

You done gone done and did it now. Guess who I am nominating to make desserts at the Kansas NAT get together this winter?? *GRIN*

You sure look like you know your way around a kitchen. I slobbered all over my keyboard looking at those pictures.....gee, thanks. LOL

Rich from NAT

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Pietenpol Dream - A Reality

Sixteen years ago

A day in the life......................